Home › Forums › Pro Support › a way to customize excerpt, keep post format
- This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 4 months ago by Tom.
November 15, 2017 at 4:34 pm #2956
I would like to know if there is a way:
– to customize the excerpt? I have the title of each post as a section, so on show post it displays the title and the title again when you begin to read the excerpt.
– keep the post format on the show post columns? some of my posts are aligned at the center, short sentences but it reflects as one long sentence on show post.
– customize the color of the load more button?
this is coming from someone that has no experience/knowledge about coding.. 🙂
Thanks for your assistance,
DamianNovember 16, 2017 at 6:29 pm #2973
1. You should just be able to use the “Excerpt” metabox provided by WordPress. If you don’t see it, click the “Screen Options” toggle at the top right of the edit post page, and make sure “Excerpt” is checked.
2. Not too sure what you mean here – can I see?
3. The load more button inherits the same style as your load more button, which is set in the “Content” tab.
Let me know 🙂November 16, 2017 at 9:28 pm #2974
Thanks for your response especially seeing that it was something I needed to learn about WordPress, I’m new with all this..
1. Helping me with the “excerpt” metabox solved question 1 & 2. for Q1, I was just able to select the text that I want so I took out the title from showing up again
2. the page right now is set to private since I’m working on it and it’s to sell what I’m working on.
Here is an example of what I was talking about:
Sweet cherry red lips.. (title of post)
Sweet cherry red lips.. And what makes you Believe I’m sliding in that direction.. Was it when I asked… (title again and a long sentence that should be 3 short sentences, center aligned)
eXcitedly dreaming.. (title of post)
It all starts with a dream
a love story that is
a dream about a girl..
(how I wanted to keep the format of post, just like the post page when you click on title or the read more button) (added </br> at the end of the first two sentences to keep more or less the same format of center alignment)
3. not sure if you mean the “content” tab in customize.. I’ll keep looking around.
the main things were questions 1 and 2. really appreciate your help in explaining that feature for me and all the videos you have posted on vimeo which have helped me tremendously in this learning process..
Love your work!! 🙂
DamianNovember 16, 2017 at 10:41 pm #2975
as I’m editing everything, I just realized that the center alignment had nothing to do with keeping the short sentences one underneath the other.. That’s just how I have it on the post page.. sorry for the confusion..
DamianNovember 17, 2017 at 10:30 pm #2980
No problem! Did you get it working then?
As for the “Content” section, it’s a settings panel while editing your WPSP list 🙂November 19, 2017 at 3:09 pm #2984
Yep, everything looks great!
Thanks for all your help 🙂November 23, 2017 at 10:58 pm #3017
No problem 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.