October 14, 2020 at 9:14 am #21147
Just to be clear here is the “workflow” :
– I create a category X in French.
– I translate this category to Spanish, it becomes a category Y in Spanish directly linked to the category X in French.
– I create an hotel page in French to which I apply category X
– I translate this page to spanish and it’s automatically applying the category Y to it.
– I make a WPSP list for the category X.
– I create a french post where I include this WPSP list which is displaying hotel in French.
– I translate this post to spanish and it includes the same WPSP list which is displaying hotel in spanish, except button, but normal because this is the only part that is produced by the plugin itself, everything else is produced by translations I’ve made.October 14, 2020 at 9:49 am #21153October 14, 2020 at 2:01 pm #21175TomKeymaster
Absolutely, they can contact us through our form here: https://wpshowposts.com/contact/October 19, 2020 at 2:49 am #21350
Hi @Tom, as you’ll see there WPML is saying that it’s an incompatibility issue with WPSP. So they are ok to work with you, if they don’t contact you directly, they have a page where plugins and themes author normally contact them : https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/
Hope you guys will find a solution !October 20, 2020 at 2:11 pm #21430TomKeymaster
We haven’t heard from them yet. From their latest reply, it seems they’re still looking into the issue.October 23, 2020 at 2:23 am #21510
Hi Tom, yes they’re working on it, and they say they’ll contact you, hope you’ll find a solution together ! I’m a bit afraid I’ll have to change plugin that is basically everywhere in my website…October 25, 2020 at 3:13 am #21607
Hi @Tom, I had a reply from WPML Support and it’s not good. Basically their solution is : create a new WPSP list for Spanish posts and insert it manually… obviously this will work, I’ll can translate read more button because it’s a new list… but I mean, this is not what I’m looking for… I have and I’ll have hundreds of WPSP lists, this is an insane solution and “nothing” is not a translation plugin is supposed to do… Here everything is working find, same WPSP list is displaying dynamically posts in spanish perfectly, the only problem is the read more button (because it’s the only “non dynamic” item is this workflow).
Did they contact you to see how to solve this ? If not, could you contact them ? (here : https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/)
- This reply was modified 1 day, 3 hours ago by Samuel.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.